Its rigid structure and strong polymer construction
CONSTRUCTION COMMERICAL OR RESIDENTIAL APPLICATION
With its unique patented open cell structure, GEOHEX Erosion Control System is designed to provide strong ground reinforcement and sediment control in all conditions. In construction applications, GEOHEX Erosion Control System can be combined with grass, gravel or a sand/soil mixture providing a complement to surrounding materials and other architecture such as the installation of plastic driveway grids.
- Made from Recycled UV-stabilised high impact polypropylene
- Weight per grid – 2.3 kg
- Dimensions- 1000mm x 500mm
- Temperature range- 45 °C TO 155 °C
- Water Permeability – 99.7%
- Maximum Load Bearing Capacity - 1200t/sqm*.
Inertand non-reactive to solvents, oils, chemicals or water
- Can be installed in a variety of soil and geological configurations
- Non-toxic to humans, animals or plants
- Colour – Black
- 100% Recyclable
- Can be used in the construction of plastic driveways
GEOHEX™ Erosion Control System has a Maximum Load Bearing Capacity of 1200t/sqm*
Prior to installing GEOHEX Erosion Control System, the following ground preparation is required.
- Prior mechanical compaction of the soil and / or ground base is essential for the successful performance of a GEOHEX Erosion Control System.
- It is recommended that a sand bed be placed under GEOHEX Erosion Control System so as to construct a perfectly flat surface under the soil layer to prevent rutting and subsidence due to vehicular or livestock movement.
- If the surface is prone to movement, it may be necessary to install extra sub-soil drainage to maintain the strength and integrity of the topsoil.
- Any additional drainage technology used may consist of coarse road base, agricultural piping, sand or a combination of all of these. Fine road base may lower or even prevent excess absorption of water.
- The sand bed under GEOHEX Erosion Control System requires moderate compacting to ensure proper topsoil
leveling. GEOHEX Erosion Control System can then be placed right on top of this layer.
- The best infill for GEOHEX Erosion Control System is an angular stone up to 10-15 mm in size, which locks together to restrict any further slope movement.
- Other recommended infill products include topsoil, sand and fine gravel.
- Since it is made of plastic matting or pavers, the GEOHEX Erosion Control System can be used with any type of turf configuration or turf variety.
- The use of weed sheets is also recommended to prevent further maintenance in turf areas using GEOHEX Erosion Control System.
- Areas that have had GEOHEX Erosion Control System installed should be inspected regularly to determine if any damage or minor subsidence has occurred as a matter of precaution.